- Oct 03, 2005
Thousands of Mac users upgraded to Panther successfully with Joe Kissell’s previous best-selling ebook, Take Control of Upgrading to Panther, and Joe is back with detailed advice for upgrading to Tiger. Joe’s expert guidance, developed over numerous test installations, thoroughly explains the seven steps necessary before upgrading, which of Tiger’s three installation options is right for you, how to perform the actual upgrade, and the four tasks you must perform after the upgrade finishes. Also included are instructions if you’re upgrading from Mac OS 9.
"I purchased a copy of Take Control of Upgrading to Tiger, and it truly was a lifesaver." —Jon Rosen
Worried that something might go wrong? Joe provides practical troubleshooting tips for the most common problems, step-by-step instructions on how to downgrade to your previous system if necessary, and in-depth discussions of what exactly each installation option does (and does not do).
- More Info
Read this ebook to learn the answers to questions like:
- Will my Mac and peripherals work with Tiger?
- Which upgrade method should I use?
- Should I partition my hard disk?
- Which files aren’t copied by Archive and Install?
- What if I can’t print or connect to my Bluetooth cell phone after upgrading?
- Do I need new versions of my utilities for Tiger?
- Why is Mail importing all my email messages?
- What should I do if my Mac refuses to boot under Tiger?
- Update Plans
July 5, 2012 – We don’t plan to update the 10.4 Tiger edition of this ebook, though future editions about later versions of Mac OS X are available.
Posted by Adam Engst