|Size (PDF):||1.2 MB|
|Date:||June 13, 2005|
Take Control of
This product has been discontinued.
It’s Day 2 of Tiger, and you’ve played with the new features. But you can become even more productive if you customize Tiger for your needs. Turn to Matt Neuburg for a road map on how to start using new features in Tiger. Matt shows you how to configure and use Spotlight efficiently for finding files on your hard disk, and once you’ve found them, he helps you set up smart folders that automatically organize your files.
Matt also helps you make the most of Dashboard, which gives you instant access to mini-applications. In other parts of the ebook, you’ll learn how to manage the status menus in your menu bar, how to customize keyboard shortcuts (and even disable the Caps Lock key!), and how to get started with Automator. Matt also covers how to work with Exposé, the sidebar, the toolbar, Finder windows, Font Book, Unicode, and more. Additional help for those new to Mac OS X: 150 basic ways to customize your Mac!
Read this ebook to learn the answers to questions such as:
- I’m overwhelmed by all of Tiger’s new features – where should I start?
- Did I install the right stuff?
- How do I use Spotlight to find information on my hard disk?
- Can I configure Dashboard widgets?
- How do I use Automator, and what’s it good for?
- My Font menu is huge, and my fonts are a mess. What should I do?
- Can I assign keyboard shortcuts to menu items?
- Where did Apple hide the options for <insert your favorite feature here>?