Covers Mail in Mac OS X 10.3 Panther through 10.6 Snow Leopard.
Stamp out spam in Apple Mail by following email expert Joe Kissell’s meticulously researched steps! Gain insight into the types of spam, why you get so much of it, and how to handle fraudulent or malicious messages. This book explains how Apple Mail filters out spam, and it discusses eight ways to optimize the Junk Mail filter, as well as how rules interact with the Junk Mail filter. Is spam still sneaking through? Joe introduces you to third-party options that catch even more spam.
Bonus! Includes a $5-off coupon for SpamSieve, Joe’s favorite spam-fighting utility! (The coupon is on the last page of the book.)
Questions answered in this book include:
- How does Mail’s Junk Mail filtering really work?
- How does the spam filter use my Previous Recipients list?
- How could a spammer’s email addresses get on my Previous Recipients list?
- What can I do to not get so much spam in the first place?
- What’s the deal with email that pretends to come from my bank?
- What features should I look for in a spam-fighting utility or service?
- Should I try server-based filtering?