- PDF EPUB Mobi
- Jan 04, 2019
Apple’s Notes has come a long way since it was first introduced with the iPhone as a simple note-taking app, but many users are still unaware of its expanded capabilities. Now available on Macs, iOS devices, and on the web at iCloud.com, Notes has become a surprisingly powerful tool for writing, sketching, organizing, and sharing information of all kinds.
In Take Control of Notes, TidBITS Managing Editor Josh Centers provides a quick but thorough guide to this deceptively simple app, showing you how to master its many tools—and avoid or work around its limitations.
Among many other things, you’ll learn how to:
- Choose where to stores notes (iCloud, IMAP, or a device) and whether or how they sync
- Import notes from other apps and services
- Apply and modify character-level and paragraph-level formatting in a note
- Make lists (including checklists and lists with multiple levels of indentation)
- Work with tables in notes
- Encrypt notes with a password
- Add photos, videos, audio, maps, and other content to your notes
- Scan printed documents into Notes and save them as PDF attachments
- Draw and sketch using your finger or an Apple Pencil
- Share notes with other users
- Organize your notes into folders and search their contents
- What's New
Version 1.1 of Take Control of Notes offers:
- A new section on how to use lines and grids in iOS, which is especially handy for drawings
- Instructions on managing folders on iCloud.com in the “Organize Notes” topic
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
- Update Plans
December 28, 2018—This book is now up to date, but if and when Apple makes significant updates to the Notes app, we’ll consider updating the book to cover them.
Posted by Joe Kissell