- Sep 16, 2008
This ebook is no longer for sale.
- More Info
This ebook answers questions such as:
- How do audio file formats—like AAC, Apple Lossless, MP3, WAV, and AIFF—differ?
- How can I get the squealing noise out of a precious tape before I digitize it?
- How can I use social networking to find more music that I like?
- Where can I find free (and legal) music and video online?
- What should I know about the video rental option in the iTunes Store?
- How can I get the most out of the tagging feature in iTunes?
- How do I best go about finding, downloading, and listening to podcasts?
- Help! My playlists have disappeared from iTunes. What should I do?
- How do I deal with problematic iTunes authorizations?
- How can I make an uncooperative video file transfer to my iPod or iPhone?
- What speakers should I buy to use with an iPod/iPhone?
We encourage you to download the free sample to see what it looks like, since it’s rather different from our Take Control design. If you prefer reading on paper, consider ordering Macworld’s $24.99 print version, which has higher-resolution images than are feasible in an ebook.
Does this book cover iTunes 8?
Regrettably, it does not. The folks at Macworld wrapped up this project in late August and released the title shortly before iTunes 8 came out in September, and they haven’t yet figured out if/when they might update this title again. Fortunately, nearly all of the Superguide should work just fine with iTunes 8, though we assume that if Macworld does do an update they’ll include some info about the new Genius feature.