If you want a complete manual for iPhoto ’08, look no further than Take Control publisher Adam Engst’s iPhoto ’08: Visual QuickStart Guide. Relying on concise, step-by-step instructions supported by numerous full-color screenshots and photos, this title first explains how best to import, organize, and edit your photos. Adam then shows you how to create slideshows and prints, along with stunning photo books, greeting cards, and calendars. Also covered are how to make Web galleries, burn CDs for Mac and Windows users, send photos via email, share an iPhoto library with another person, and more.
A troubleshooting chapter helps readers solve common problems, and the appendixes cover background topics like aspect ratios, resolution, and color management and provide plenty of tips for taking better photos.
You may instead be interested in the newer iPhoto ’09: Visual QuickStart Guide, released in May 2009.
"Mr. Engst’s book is well written, easy to follow, and contains lots of in depth information to help you become an iPhoto expert quickly."
—Nancy Gravley, writing for The Mac Observer about the previous edition
Read this ebook to learn the answers to questions such as:
- How do I use new features of iPhoto ’08 like events, keywords, and printing?
- What’s the best way to create and switch among multiple iPhoto Libraries?
- How do I split and merge events so they contain the right photos?
- What happens when I adjust highlight and shadow detail in a photo?
- How do I create a Web gallery for publishing on .Mac?
- What’s the best way to print a contact sheet in the new print interface?
- What’s necessary to burn a CD of photos for a Windows user?