Learn app basics and get numerous clever tips based on author Jeff Carlson’s real-world experiences with using the iPhone for work, photography, and fun. You’ll learn how to comfortably and effectively use the important core apps—Calendar, Camera, Compass, Contacts, iPod, Mail, Maps, Messages, Phone, Photos, Remote, and Safari (and for iPod touch owners, the Music and Video apps, too). If you’ve had the nagging feeling that you’re not getting as much from your iPhone or iPod touch as you could, this ebook is for you!
Original iPhone? ist-generation iPod touch? If you have either of these classic Apple devices, this ebook is for you!
You’ll find plenty of concise, clear explanations, plus pointers to a few important independent apps that add to the features offered in Apple’s.
Jeff shows you how to use the iPhone apps for real-life tasks, including how to:
- Update your calendar on the bus, and view the changes on your office Mac.
- Sync the sometimes elusive Birthdays calendar to your iPhone.
- Explain to friends how your iPhone knows where it is.
- Set an alarm that you’ll hear, even if the volume is turned down.
- Set up a conference call with three of your friends.
- Skip ahead in a long voicemail message.
- Get around on the Web without squinting more than necessary.
- Read and reply to email.
- Send text messages or quickly place a call to someone you’re texting with.
- Take quality photos with the iPhone 3GS.
- Upload photos from your iPhone to your computer.
- Trim the video you just took at a party and share it online right away.
- Get directions from your doctor’s office to the drugstore.
- Settle arguments about which way north is.
- Find a song quickly so you can play it for a friend.
- Use Jeff’s favorite free app, Remote, to run iTunes on a Mac or an Apple TV.