Every summer, Apple releases public beta versions of its mobile operating systems, with the final releases in the fall preceding new iPhone models. This year, we’re up to iOS 14 and iPadOS 14, both of which include tremendous new convenience features and significant revisions to your favorite apps.
As usual, Josh Centers is back with a book on the new operating systems, but this time around, we’re taking a different approach. Instead of recycling and updating loads of old content, we’re starting from scratch with a slimmer guide that focuses primarily on what’s new in iOS 14 and iPadOS 14. Build on everything you already know about using your iPhone or iPad and explore what Apple has changed and added this year.
Take Control of iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 covers a wide range of topics:
- Refresh your memory about how to perform common tasks such as navigating the lock screen, accessing Control Center, and managing your apps.
- Take a quick spin through the major design changes and new features.
- Clean up your Home screen with App Library.
- Add widgets to your Home screen.
- Use the new tools in Messages to improve group discussions.
- Find cycling routes, local guides, and more in the updated Maps app.
- Use new and improved features in the Camera and Photos apps.
- Get more (and better) Z’s with sleep-tracking features in Health.
- Organize your notes and voice memos more effectively.
- Translate conversations in real time.
- Protect your privacy when using a mobile device.
- Find out what special new tricks are exclusive to iPads.
- Use new accessibility features to make your device easier to use.
- And much more!
Anyone with a compatible iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch will benefit from Josh’s in-depth explanations.