In this unique ebook, long-time Mac author Sharon Zardetto explains what folders your fonts reside in, why they are there, and what to do about duplication and long Font menus. Once that’s under control, you’ll learn the ins and outs of different font installation methods, how to use Font Book to manage, validate, and organize fonts; ways of dealing with old fonts; how to make the most of character-rich Unicode fonts; and more. Whether you work in a font-intensive profession, use Unicode fonts for non-Roman languages, or want to wrangle the numerous fonts installed from goodness-knows-where (Microsoft Office, probably), you need this ebook. Bonus: this ebook includes over $80 worth of coupons!
Looking for Leopard or Snow Leopard info? Check out Take Control of Fonts in Snow Leopard, which covers not only fonts in Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard but also fonts in 10.5 Leopard.
Read this ebook to learn the answers to questions such as:
- What types of fonts can I use with Mac OS X?
- In what order does Mac OS X access fonts from all their possible locations?
- How can I figure out what characters are available in a Unicode font?
- Which fonts can be removed safely?
- How can I minimize font-related trouble when sharing documents across platforms?
Also check out this ebook’s companion volume, Take Control of Font Problems in Mac OS X, which focuses on what happens when something related to fonts goes kablooey. For a useful preview, download our free Font Troubleshooting Flier!