|Size (PDF):||2.3 MB|
|Date:||May 18, 2006|
Take Control of
Font Problems in Mac OS X
Are you suffering from a mysterious font problem in Mac OS X Tiger? Help is at hand, with 120 pages of troubleshooting steps and real-world advice from long-time Mac author Sharon Zardetto Aker for solving all sorts of font problems quickly.
This product has been discontinued.
Are you suffering from a mysterious font problem in Mac OS X Tiger? Help is at hand, with troubleshooting steps and real-world advice for solving problems fast. If you’ve experienced seemingly inexplicable trouble with characters displaying incorrectly, being unable to type a particular character, fonts missing from Font menus, confusing behavior in Microsoft and Adobe programs, Font Book crashing, or Character Palette misbehaving, turn to font expert Sharon Zardetto for help.
Looking for Leopard info? Check out Take Control of Font Problems in Leopard.
Read this ebook to find the answers to questions such as:
- How do I go about troubleshooting a font problem? (For a useful preview, download our free Font Troubleshooting Flier!)
- Microsoft Word keeps complaining about a corrupt font. What should I do?
- People keep telling me to just delete the caches. What are they? Where are they? Why does deleting them solve a font problem?
- Why can’t I install a PostScript Type 1 font?
- Why doesn’t the Input menu show up in my menu bar?
This is a companion volume to Take Control of Fonts in Mac OS X, and we think anyone with enough fonts to be suffering from font problems will benefit from its detailed look at healthy fonts. If you don’t buy that ebook, note that Take Control of Font Problems in Mac OS X assumes you’re familiar with font basics like Font Book’s capabilities, including enabling and disabling fonts, resolving duplicates, and font validation. (This ebook doesn’t cover the rapidly changing world of third-party font management utilities.)