Whether you’re a beginner or an old hand, you’ll find useful tips in this detailed guide to macOS 10.15. Take Control of Catalina helps you find your way around, use all the major features of Catalina, and adjust settings and preferences to your liking.
Scholle introduces you to new capabilities such as Voice Control, Continuity Sketch (for importing a drawing from your iPad or iPhone straight into a Mac document), Sidecar (for using an iPad as an external display), better tools for managing your Apple ID and iCloud Family Sharing, and a variety of updated built-in apps.
You’ll also discover lots of helpful tips on using Catalina, including how to:
- Sync iOS and iPadOS devices using the Finder (now that iTunes is gone)
- Keep your Mac safe from malware, keyloggers, and thieves with new privacy and security features
- Take advantage of Safari features, including easier-to-access Picture in Picture, open tabs in search results, and additional site-by-site preferences
- Use the new Find My app to find your Apple devices and your friends
- Keep track of tasks (alone or with other people) in the revamped Reminders app
- Search for, edit, and share notes in new ways with the updated Notes app
- Use your iPad as an external display for your Mac
- Troubleshoot common problems
Plus, version 1.1 now features four new chapters, covering:
- The little things in Catalina (a tour of the best small-but-interesting changes)
- The iTunes replacements (the new Music, Podcasts, and Apple TV apps)
- How to control your Mac with your voice in ways that go far beyond Siri
- Using Screen Time to keep tabs on your kids’ online lives, monitoring and limiting access to categories of apps across all their Apple devices