- PDF EPUB Mobi
- May 15, 2017
In the days before personal computers and mobile devices, we had to rely on paper calendars and to-do lists to help us organize our time and activities. Now, we have powerful tools, like Apple’s Calendar and Reminders, that are much more responsive to our needs. Put an event on your schedule, invite others to join, or set yourself an alarm (or more than one). Or, keep a list of to-do items, add to it and view it on all your Apple devices, and share your list with family or friends.
In this book, veteran Mac journalist and editor Scholle McFarland will guide you through getting to know these incredibly helpful apps, including lesser-known (but handy) features. For example, did you know that in Calendar you can set an alert for when you need to leave for an event, based on the travel time calculated using the location you entered for the event? Or that Reminders can prompt you to do something not only at a certain time, but also once you’ve reached a specific destination, like the grocery store?
If you’ve never taken the opportunity to explore Calendar and Reminders, this book will show you how to make them an important part of your daily routine. If you’ve already been using Calendar and Reminders, you’ll learn how to use them more effectively, troubleshoot common problems, and delve deeper into their capabilities.
Whip your schedule into shape and tame your to-do lists with Take Control of Calendar and Reminders!
- More Info
Let Scholle walk you through how to get the best out of Calendar and Reminders, including how to:
- Customize Calendar to your liking, from setting time zones, to color coding specific calendars
- Create events, making them repeat at regular intervals or on certain dates
- Set up notifications and alerts, so you never miss an event
- Invite people to events, or share your calendar with them
- Create, manage, and share lists in Reminders
- Set alarms in Reminders at a certain time or a certain place
- Use Siri to save time when creating events or reminders
- Easily check events and reminders on your Mac, iPhone, or Apple Watch
- Troubleshoot common problems in Calendar and Reminders
- Share calendars and reminders using iCloud Family Sharing
- Update Plans
March 14, 2019—This book is still mostly accurate with Mojave, iOS 12, and watchOS 5. We may do a minor update at some point to address a few small differences, and if Apple releases significantly changed Calendar or Reminders apps, we will certainly consider updating the book to cover them.
Posted by Joe Kissell