Helpful Links for iTunes 11
Kirk is busily working on a revision to his iTunes FAQ book to take into account the myriad changes that have come with iTunes 11, which Apple released at the end of November 2012. In the meantime, you can get familiar with many of the changes by perusing some online articles.
A good place to start is Kirk’s own Macworld review of iTunes 11, iTunes 11 adds cool features, but can be jarring to longtime users (5 December 2012)
Kirk has also posted several times on his blog, Kirkville, about iTunes 11:
- iTunes 11 and Classical Music (7 December 2012)
- iTunes 11: Do You Miss the Album Art Pane? Here’s a Quick Way to Add Album Art to Your Tracks (4 December 2012)
- iTunes 11: Command-L Keyboard Shortcut is Broken (3 December 2012)
Several TidBITS articles also provide insight into iTunes 11:
- Redesigned iTunes 11 Brings iCloud Streaming and New MiniPlayer, by Agen G.N. Schmitz (30 November 2012)
- iTunes 11 Thinks Different about iOS Devices, by Jeff Carlson (29 November 2012)
- iTunes 11: The Features Apple Removed, and Alternatives, by Adam C. Engst (4 December 2012)
- iTunes 11 Interface Innovations: Good and Bad, but Not Ugly, by Adam C. Engst (2 December 2012)
- Explaining the Hits and Misses in iTunes 11 Searching, by Michael E. Cohen (11 December 2012)
With these articles under your belt, you should be ready to approach Apple’s latest version of its venerable jukebox software until Kirk’s revised FAQ is ready.
Posted by Michael E. Cohen (Permalink)