Changes in Take Control of Customizing Microsoft Office 1.0.1
The following changes were made to the ebook in this new version:
- Added info about how the Customizing Formatting Palette dialog may list panels only if the Formatting Palette is showing onscreen. See Customizing the Formatting Palette, page 32.
- Added directions for disabling the Word5Menus keyboard shortcuts so that neither people nor pets can press it accidentally. See The Case of the Missing Menu Items: Part II, page 45.
- Added information about yet another way to insert an AutoText entry in a Word document - type the first four letters of the entry, and then press Command-Option-V. See Using AutoText, page 56.
- Added a warning reminding readers to perform the bulk of their toolbar customization work in new toolbars, not in the built-in toolbars. See Modifying Toolbars, page 20.
- Added a warning that you not add boilerplate text to the Normal template and clarified the directions for opening a new document based on a Normal template. See Customizing Word’s default (Normal) template, page 62.
- A new Resources section notes two Web sites that you may find valuable if you want to become an expert Word user. See Resources, page 71.
Posted by Adam Engst (Permalink)